What's in Your Pantry?

  
I just ended a two week process of moving out of my home to a new home.  The very last packing that needed to be done was to pack up the pantry.  As a began to box up everything I started really taking stock at what was in my pantry. 

Over the last two years since I started my personal journey to wellness I have made some changes in my eating habits.  I have always been conscious of what is healthy to eat but I decided two years ago to really learn what is best for me to be eating in order to stay healthy and to keep a high energy level. 

Here is a list of what is now in my pantry.  It's a better stocked pantry - a healthier pantry!
  • Oatmeal and Oat Bran -excellent for high fiber and really much more effective than eating the microwaveable oatmeal
  • Various Antioxidant Teas - Green Tea, Oolong Tea, Chamomile Tea, Golden Seal Tea all rich in anti-oxidants and many other medicinal qualities. For instance Green Tea bags dipped in water can be placed on your eyes for five minutes  to decrease the bags on your eyes.
  • Organic Maple Syrup - so much better for you than the artificially flavored syrup.  Although it is high in sugar it doesn't have the high fructose corn syrup which is high in calories and hasn't any nutritive value. A tablespoon of Maple Syrup is a great energizer and issues and insulin surge to push nutrients into your muscles.
  • Raw Honey - no more processed honey for me!  Raw honey has higher quantities of  beneficial nutrients and enzymes.  Raw Honey has also been proven to improve glucose metabolism - how you process carbs.  I use a teaspoon every morning with my tea.
  • Whole Wheat Pasta, Brown Rice - much higher in fiber and so much better for you than white rice and regular pasta
  • Cans of Black Beans or Kidney Beans - great to use for a quick snack wrapped in a tortilla.  Beans are a great source of youth promoting antioxidants
  • Dark Chocolate  (the darker the better) - this will satisfy your sweet tooth , plus provides loads of antioxidants .  It is high in calories so just keep it to a couple of squares.  Choose dark chocolate that is 70% cocoa or greater.  The cocoa content is key for the antioxident benefit.
I also got rid of a few things from my pantry:
  • White Rice -replaced with brown rice
  • White Pasta - replaced with wheat and spinach pasta
  • White Flour - replaced with wheat flour and unbleached flour
  • White Bread - replaced with wheat bread, nut bread, and breads made with flax seed 
  • White Sugar - replaced with Stevia and raw honey 
There is still alot more I can put in my pantry that is healthy.  I and I am working on it.  I have added almond milk recently and Tamari.  I am also using more Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar which has amazing natural cleansing, healing, and energizing qualities.  Each day I learn something useful about how to better care for my body and what I put in my body.

Remember your body is your sacred temple, take care of it and it will take care of you!























    Enhanced by Zemanta

    Comments

    Popular Posts