PraiseWorks Spiritual Moments - Refusing To Stay In The Box




PraiseWorks believes in total wellness of the mind, body and spirit. If any of those components are out of alignment then we still haven't reached total wellness. Once a week we will be sharing thoughts from Felicia Y Williams who writes about spirituality and how to deepen our relationship with God.


Refusing to stay in a box (my comfort zone)... I open up to receive all that God has for my life... relationships, opportunities, etc. I must admit NEWNESS can be scarey. However, I find that the more I trust God and look to Him for guidance and peace, He reassures me of his protection and I know that my heart and everything that's connected to my destiny is safe in His care.

Open up your life and heart to receive all that God has for you today; refuse to continue to limit your destiny by staying "inside the box/your comfort zone." For years I struggled with leaving the known to venture out into the unknown. However, I realized that God had a whole world of opportunities awaiting me and I was so close minded and lacking in faith that I almost missed out on them! At the beginning of 2010 the word He spoke to me was from Isaiah 43:19-"See, I am doing NEW things; see now it springs up; do you not see it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." The Holy Spirit spoke "newness" and little did I realize it meant all areas of my life, to include spiritually, relationships and my place of worship. Since receiving this message, the Lord has planted me into another place of fellowship (as of July 2009), relationships that I refused to venture away from, have become distanced, and God has sent people from all ages and different walks of life into my path.

I struggled emotionally accepting all the things that were happening in my life, it was an unsettling time and even now I still have to accept the changes in "secure" (I thought them to be) relationships that have come about as a result. What keeps me sane and strong in all of this is my faith in God, I trust that He knows just what He's doing. The Holy Spirit continually confirms that this is where I am supposed to be in my walk. Every time I go to a service and listen to the man of God, my pastor Dr. Philip Goudeaux speak the Holy Spirit brings forth confirmation through Him. It is so powerful! Mere words cannot express the excitement I feel in knowing that God did all of this repositioning just for me, so that He could receive the glory from my life.

God never forced or coerced me into surrendering. I had a choice to either be yielded to the Holy Spirit and receive all that God had for me or continue to stay inside the box and be content being comfortable and miss out on my destiny. I am so glad I chose to yield and not stay confined to "the box." I've come to a point in my life where I no longer want to live a life full of words bearing no real fruit to back it up. I will be a living testimony here on earth of just what having faith in God will do!

My hearts desire now is "to do the will of Him who sent me." Now I am outside of the box and nothing or no one can or will ever contain me again, I am FREE (Fearlessly Relinquishing Every Expectation)! My expectation is of the Lord and not man (Psalm 62:5).

It is so amazing and I continue to be in awe at how the Lord is setting things up as I walk in obedience to His will each day. It's not easy, there are road blocks and times when I feel alone or abandoned by the people and things that made me feel secure and comfortable, but the Holy Spirit continues to reassure, strengthen and redirect me so that I remain on the path to purpose.

My prayer for you is that you will refuse to be confined to a box, settling for the comfort, but that you will get up and move outside of your comfort zone in order to receive and give all that God would have you too. Refuse to allow people and circumstances to render you "stuck." Remember this one thing, you can't take everyone with you on the journey, they will either refuse to go, are unable to go or just have a different journey which they must take. However, you must seek the Lord and take the journey He has for you, even if for a time you have to go it alone. Trust that as long as He is there, you've got all that you need and in His time, He will send those who are supposed to take it with you along your path. I am a witness of this truth.

Be blessed and encouraged as you get out the box!

Connect with Felicia Y. Williams on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Felicia-Y-Williams/500101389

WWW.SWORDSOFSPIRIT.COM

WWW.STANDNGAP.BRAVEHOST.COM


WWW.FEESFASHN4U.COM


Interested in achieving total wellness for your mind,body and spirit? Want to make that permanent lifestyle change that will add to your overall add and quality of your life. Try our PraiseWorks Our Journey to Wellness Coaching Program. We have wonderful programs for, detoxification, weight loss, healthy habits, and motivational wellness. For more information email us at lynnis@praiseworks.biz or give us a call at 916-706-7565.

Join us on "The Wellness Journey!" our internet show on holistic practices, spirituality, and fitness.
www.praiseworkshealthandwellnessnetwork.biz

Comments

Popular Posts