Feeling Tired? How to Increase Your Energy for Your Health and Wellness

 Is this you? If so what can you do to improve your fatigue and your overall health and wellness?


There have been times when I have really been tired and couldn't figure out why I was feeling so tired. I decide to start an energy journal.  Every time I would start to feel tired I would take out my journal and write down the time of the day, what I was feeling ( physical symptoms, emotional symptoms)  and what about my lifestyle could be contributing to my fatigue. 

The energy journal helped me figure out some possibilities. What I discovered is that my fatigue came around a certain time of the day, was almost always connected to how I started my day, and what I was eating and when I was eating I also did some research to find out what else could contribute to my fatigue and my overall health and wellness.

Below is a list of what you should do to help increase you energy levels and decrease your fatigue. 



  • Exercise earlier in the day. Physical activity is great on many levels, but experts at the National Sleep Foundation have found that exercise too close to bedtime can impair sleep. Finish exercising at least three hours before your bedtime.
  • Change your eating patterns. Concentrate on healthful but not overly large meals. Eating big meals, especially close to bedtime, can aggravate health concerns, such as heartburn, that might interfere with your sleep.
  • Learn relaxation techniques. Meditation, deep breathing, and progressive relaxation techniques can be very helpful, especially if stress or anxiety could be keeping you up.
  • Consider herbal remedies. With your doctor's permission, you might try black cohosh, an herb that has been shown to reduce menopausal symptoms for some women, or valerian, a mild, non-addictive herb with a long history as a sleep aid. According to one recent study, 30 percent of women taking valerian experienced an improvement in their sleep quality, compared with only 4 percent taking a placebo.
  • Eliminate stimulants. Cut back on caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol, all of which are known to interfere with sleep.
  • Adjust the temperature. The hot flashes and night sweats that many women experience during menopause can interrupt sleep. Keeping your nighttime environment cooler than you usually do is one way to combat the sensation of heat. Using a fan, light bedding, and light night clothes will help keep the temperature more comfortable.
  • Reorganize your work schedule. People who work overnight shifts or alternating shifts, which give them unusual or irregular bedtimes, sometimes have sleep problems. If it's possible to change the hours you work, that might help. 
Source: Everyday Health, Web MD

Go to our FB Page for more tips on health and wellness 

Our Health and Wellness Website

Need help to attain a healthier lifestyle?

Comments

Popular Posts