What's Making Me Thankful Today

A dear friend of mine and author of "One Size Fits All, Making Healthy Choices Stepping Into A Meaningful Life" Michelle Howe wrote this day after the Boston Tragedy. I wanted to share this blog with you to encourage and inspire us all




woman in prayer after Boston Marathon - Chicago Tribune



What's Making Me Thankful For Today

Of course, the topic on everyone’s mind is yesterday’s horrific bombing in Boston. I thought about it all day yesterday, went to bed thinking about it, and woke up at 2:00 am thinking about it.
This morning, I’m still thinking about it.

But something’s changed since yesterday. Now, I’m thinking about all the people who immediately stepped up to the challenge and began helping those around them at the scene.I started thinking about all those people who in the midst of the tragedy didn’t run for their lives. Instead, they stayed and assisted the injured. In other words, they helped.Helpers are not as rare as we might believe. They are everywhere.  And when we spot them, it makes all the difference.

It gives us hope in an otherwise hopeless situation. It brightens our perspective that despite man’s inhumanity toward man…helpers help tip the balance right again. It makes me more courageous to jump in and do the right thing the next time I’m afraid to get involved.  It cranks up my thankful meter to the highest high.

So today, as I’m grieving for those who were hurt and for the families who lost loved ones…I’m going to give thanks for the helpers who help us as bystanders keep going.





Are you feeling stressed? Overwhelmed by the day to day events in your life? Your stress may not stop, but you can stop the impact that stress has on your body! Check out what we can do to help you DeStress The Mess.

Comments

Popular Posts