5 Simple Steps You Can Start Today To Enhance Your Health and Wellness



Starting Day #20 Keeping My 5 Simple Steps To Wellness In Mind
Occasionally I fall off the old "wellness wagon" in some areas of my life. Whenever that happens there are things that I do to get back on the track and start taking better care of me. 

Here are five simple steps that I try to do every day to keep me on the "wellness wagon". Give them a try, they will help you along your journey to wellness. 

  • Stretch- Stretching is so beneficial for your body.  It not only helps with your flexibility it also strengthens your body and you will feel better. All you need is 7 to 10 minutes a day to help you to get more flexible, stronger and happier!

  • Staying Present - I have learned the importance of focusing on what is happening to me right now at this particular moment in time. I no longer worry about the past or the future but focus on the present. I focus on what is right about the moment I am in and find joy in almost every situation. 
  •  Super Snacks -   Nourish your body throughout the day with super snacks.  Try a handful of almonds,  cheese and grapes, yogurt and nuts, celery and sesame butter, or homemade trail mix.  It's a great idea to have these snacks right after your workout to enhance your metabolism after working out. 
  • Silence and Stillness - Taking time a few minutes a day to be still is very important to your health.  For me, meditation gives me the opportunity to connect with God. It reassures me that I am not alone and gives me a sense of peace and well being.  Studies have also shown that mediation is good for your health. Meditation can foster relaxation for the body which is so important when it comes to strengthening the immune system and fortifying the body.
  •  Something Special - In order to stay  focused on my journey to wellness I always try to do something special for myself every day.  It doesn't have to be expensive or cost anything at all. Taking a walk in a beautiful area of your neighborhood, taking time to read a favorite magazine, fixing your favorite meal, calling a friend you haven't seen in a long time, wearing your favorite color or listening to your favorite song. Whatever it is doing something special for yourself that make YOU feel special!
 
 
 For more great tips on how to stay well in your mind, body and spirit subscribe to "Wellness Woman 40 and Beyond" E-Magazine

Listen to The Wellness Journey -LIVE!  Great Topics, Great Guests, Great Shows all about wellness for women over 40 and all the people who love them! 





Feeling Stressed and Overwhelmed? Are you tired all the time?  Click here for a solution

Comments

Popular Posts