Relax and DeStress With These Moves, A Great Tasting Smoothie, and Music





As we head into the Fall we are also heading into one of the most stressful times of the year.  Back to school, the ending of summer vacations, and heading into the HOLIDAYS.

It is always a good idea to find ways to keep our stress to a minimum.  Research has shown that prolonged stress can cause an adverse impact on the immune system and even create an environment where cancer can grow.  Given that it is imperative that we find a way to reduce our stress. 

Lately, I have been on a break.  I actually took a break from my business for 6 weeks in an effort to relax.  It was wonderful to just stop for awhile and allow myself to just be.  But I realize that not everyone can do that, yet we still need to figure out how to release stress, how to relax, and how to refortify our bodies during stressful times. 

There are ways to release our stress without having to take pharmaceuticals, emotional eating, and drinking, or perhaps do something else that might give you short term gratification but not a long term solution. 

Here are three of my favorite things to do to ward off the impact of stress during the course of my day:


I love to move.  I was a dancer for many years and still dabble in dance from time to time.  I find that movement feeds the soul, all kind of movement.  These exercises are easy to do at your desk at work, or anywhere for that matter.  They only take about 6 minutes or so and you will feel a release in your body as you go through this brief routine. 


A wonderful 6-minute movement that you can do in your office or anywhere else to reduce stress




My favorite recipe for a quick relief in feeling "stressed" out, comes the form of a smoothie.  Try this recipe to help reenergize you and destress you at the same time.  (it will give you some energy too!!) 

a handful of kale 
a handful of blueberries
1/2 of banana
1/2 cup of mango 
i/4 cup shredded carrots 
1 to 2 cloves of fresh garlic 
2 slices of fresh ginger 
tablespoon of omega 3 
tablespoon of chia seed
2 cup of unsweetend almond milk 
ice 




My favorite relaxation music for anytime but especially stressful times. 



For more information on how to destress and reduce how stress impacts your life click here 


Visit my website at www.praiseworks.biz







Comments

Popular Posts