7 Benefits of Turmeric for A Thriving and Well Mid Life
I have started using Turmeric and I love it. It has some wonderful medicinal qualities, especially for women in midlife.
Turmeric has a component in it called Curcumin which is a powerful antioxidant that can fight colon cancer, prevent cystic fibrosis, and help with the aging process.
It seems that every day I find out something beneficial about using spices and herbs to help improve my health and overall wellness. Using Turmeric as a part of my daily regime is changing my life for the better.
Turmeric should be essential for your mid-life strategy for full life living.
Turmeric can help with:
- Feeling Emotionally Better - Turmeric can help with depression, anxiety and stress and overall mood swings. It is a great alternative to taking Prozak or some other kind of medication.
- Fighting Your Fat - Turmeric can help with revving up your metabolism to burn calories and can result in weight loss.
- Freeing You from Inflammation - Turmeric helps significantly with inflammation that causes chronic disease like arthritis, and other aches and pains.
- Flawless Skin - Turmeric can help with blemishes, pimples, acne, and wrinkles. It can also help with uneven skin tones and pigmentation.
- Fueling Detoxification - Turmeric can help to detoxify the liver and reduce the overall toxicity of the body.
- Following Your Heart to Health - Turmeric can increase your cardiovascular heart health. Tumeric can help to prevent damaged cell walls, prevent plaque build-up and lower blood pressure, which can cause serious health issues over time.
- Finding Increased Brain Function - Turmeric can enhance brain function by increasing focus and concentration as well as boosting memory retention.
Great Recipes Using Turmeric
Turmeric Stir Fry Vegetables
1. Heat up the burner to a medium heat. Add coconut oil, carrots, cauliflower, salt and pepper, turmeric, cumin, and water.
2. Add the eggplant and stir and put a lid on for about 1 more minute until the eggplant is tender
2. Remove from burner and add garlic cloves and toss and serve immediately.
1. Heat coconut oil in a saucepan until hot
2. Add onion and fry for around 5 minutes, until softened
3. Add turmeric and fry for about a minute, until fragrant
4. Add the rice and fry for a couple of minutes
Turmeric Salad Dressing
1. 4 cloves of garlic
2. 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil OR cold pressed, unrefined avocado oil
3. 3 tablespoons lemon juice
4. 2 teaspoons raw honey
5. 2 teaspoons turmeric
6. 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
7. 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
8 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Turmeric Salad Dressing