5 Super Benefits of A Self-Care/Self-Love Retreat


Person, Human, Female, Beach, Woman


By the time I hit 50, I was spiritually, emotionally and physically drained.  Nothing appeared to be wrong on the outside, but on the inside, I was suffering.  I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, I wasn't sleeping well, and I felt tired all the time even when I did sleep.  To add insult to injury, I was also menopausal!  Ba combination all the way around.

My  Doctors and family insisted that I go on a retreat.  At first, I thought the idea was ridiculous.  I didn't want to take the time off work, I felt I could handle it, and frankly, I was afraid of the idea of focusing on just me.  For years I had used my family, my career as excuses for not dealing with the fact that I just wasn't well.

I finally decided to a leap of faith and take some time off.  Going on a retreat, changing my environment, and spending quality time with me was exactly what I needed.  I learned that taking that time off for yourself to get re-acquainted with you was invaluable.   Making the decision to get away and take better care of me was the best decision I could have ever made.

The benefits of going on a retreat are numerous but these 5 super benefits are the reason why I recommend them to my clients who need to de-stress, take a break and reconnect with their mind, body, and spirit.
  • You get to experience a resurrection of your soul, a new sense of renewal and restoration. Spending quality time in a beautiful, tranquil space and connecting with that inner peace we all have is such a wonderful experience. 
  • You develop a stronger awareness of your mind, body, spirit connection and how important it is.  We are so busy doing the "hustle and bustle" of life that we quite often lose our sense of self. 
  • You have a wonderful opportunity to connect with like minds.  Other women who are searching, sharing, and ready to make some changes in their lives that can last a lifetime
  • You get a chance to rediscover your sense of fun, adventure, and joy.  Depending on the type of retreat you go on, most retreats involve excursions, fun activities, and free time to explore.  
  • You  finally have that much need quiet time for reflection, connecting with God, and an opportunity to set intentions, raise your vibrations and connect with the divine within 
After that first retreat, I made it a priority to go on one at least once a year.  It has been life-affirming and I truly believe on of the reasons I no longer suffer from anxiety is because of the opportunity to reconnect, renew and restore my mind, body, spirit connection while on retreat. 






Comments

Popular Posts