"The Wellness Journey" Debut Show - Getting Fit for the Summer
Yesterday was a big day for PraiseWorks! We debuted our show "The Wellness Journey!". Our guest was Monique Hollowell CEO of La Femme Mobile Gym. Click here it hear the show
We covered some great topics and I wanted to share a quick summary of what we discussed:
- when getting back in shape keep it simple - just start moving. Perhaps starting with walking or going out dancing with friends, find a movement that you enjoy
- do your movements outdoors, enjoy
- be consistent with your movement and/or exercise program whether it is once a week ,once a day, whatever schedule you set - STICK TO IT. You will get the results you want when you are consistent with you movement/exercise program.
- if you are looking for a leaner, toned look start with a strength based weight bearing exercise, consult with a personal trainer or fitness expert to out together a program that will work to help you achieve your goals and results
- most women aren't comfortable going to the gym and prefer working out at home, even if that means working with a personal trainer, a friend who is motivated and encouraging during your workout, or perhaps working out with a group of friends to help hold you accountable
- utilize your own body weight when working out - there is nothing quite like the good old fashioned push-ups, squats, lunges, pull-ups, and the plank move, exercises that make use of your body weight for resistance
Next week we have a very special program planned. Join us when we speak with Robin R Robinson a survivor of 4 brain aneurysms! "Surviving through Wellness –The Ultimate Journey" Next Monday and rebroadcast throughout the week. Join us and join the conversation!