Coffee - Is it Bad,Good or Both?
The debate about whether or not you should drink coffee is always on the table. There are those who think that coffee isn't harmful to your health and others who thing that coffee is totally bad for you. What are your thoughts?
Here are some facts for you to consider...
* Caffeine has been shown to be related to elevated blood pressure, stress and irritability. There are many trains of thought about coffee and whether or not it is the worst thing you can drink, moderately
* Caffeine contributes to blood sugar swings and should be avoided by diabetics
* Caffeine can inhibit absorption of the beneficial nutrients that are in our food and can cause urinary tract infections, execration of calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron
* Caffeine can exasperate in women the risk of PMS, osteoporosis, urinary tract infections, PMS ,infertility problems, miscarriage, low birth weight problems, urinary and prostrate problems for men
* Caffeine also contributes to dehydration and the aging process
On the other hand....
* Consuming Caffeine one hour before exercise can increase your endurance
* Caffeine constricts the blood vessels and helps to body to absorb medication. For instance aspirin has caffeine added to medication to help with the absorption of the medication.
* Caffeine is a source of antioxidant - for many Americans it is the only anti-oxidant they may have in the course of a day. Although caffeine can act as an anti-oxidant it doesn't take the place of a healthier choice of fruits and vegetables
*Caffeine has been linked to the reduction or even cure of Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease. Harvard researchers found in a study with men that those men who drank four cups of coffee a day were less likely to suffer from Parkinson's as those men who didn't drink coffee at all.
*Coffee can help prevent diabetes because of the antioxidants in coffee which stimulate the muscles to burn fat and sugar more effectively
What is a person to do? There are good benefits and not so good benefits to drinking coffee. Perhaps the best approach is all things in moderation and listen to your body. Your body will tell you what it needs and doesn't need.