Monday, March 28, 2011
30 Days of Motivation to Weight Management
I have found that the first 30 days of any weight management program you need some guidelines to help with the change of lifestyle that will bring you to total wellness for your mind, body and spirit. These tips will help get you there. Try one everyday and you will find making that shift to a healthier lifestyle is not only achievable but a fun journey that will lead you to better health
1 Change your mind set Today make a list of three goals you would like to accomplish regarding your health this month and write a contract to commit to achieving these goals, sign it, put it on a wall where you can see it , tell your family and friends about your new commitment to get fit
2. Where do I start? Today start think of yourself as already achieving the goals you have set for yourself , start affirming, decreeing and declaring that you will stick to your goals and commitment to getting fit
3 You’re not taking away your adding. Add something healthy to your diet. Perhaps an apple instead of a cookie, a nice salad without all the creamy dressing, increase your vegetables, add salmon and fish for much needed Omega 3, add Greek Yogurt
4 Walk the Walk Add another 15 minutes to your walk and start incorporating that every day. Park a little further from the office, store , etc add a few extra steps for extra exercise. Adding walking to your exercise regime is a great way to begin to get use to moving on a regular basis if its been awhile.
5. Portions Do you really have to pile your plate with all the food you see? Try taking half the portions you normally serve yourself at every meal. Eat until full then stop. You don’t have to eat everything on your plate like you were told when you were a child.
6 Meditation Take time to meditate over moving towards a healthy change in your life. Incorporate all you have done this past week and carry it over to every week this month. Start Journaling your weekly progress. Celebrate your successes, reward yourself (not with a big wad of ice cream)
7 You are Powerful You have everything you need to succeed and meet your goals. It’s true, start decreeing and declaring “I am powerful, I have unique talent and abilities that will propel toward my final goal of living a lifestyle of total wellness for my mind, body, and spirit.
8 Planning and Preparation Chose what exercise plan works best for you, always have your exercise gear ready to go, exercise every day at the same time, try to work up to 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, treat your exercise time like an apt, start and end on time
9 Get Rid of the Excuses There are as many reasons to stop exercising as there are reasons to start. When you really get serious about it you are doing this to improve the quality of your life. If you have tried to get fit before and failed to commit think about what happened write it down, think about and commit to not letting it happen again. Take charge of your life and your health
10 Jump Start Your Day Its true what they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It actually jump starts your metabolism and gets your digestive system going. Be wise when it comes to your breakfast choices. Low cal, low fat, fruit, protein, low-sugar. For instance – Greek Yogurt with blueberries and oats, with walnuts – great start to the day
11. Take Inventory Is there anything in your pantry that you know you need to throw out so you won’t be tempted? Sugary cereal, potato chips, candy…anything at all? If so get rid of it. You have added good things to your lifestyle, better diet, more exercise, positive goal setting…its time to get rid of some of bad stuff before you made your lifestyle change.
12 Detoxify As you begin to clean up your way thinking,
eating, getting fit, think about cleaning out the toxins in your system-chose what works best for you, something gentle to start is best
13 Meditation Take time to meditate over moving towards a healthy change in your life. Incorporate all you have done this past week and carry it over to every week this month. Start Journaling your weekly progress. Celebrate your successes, reward yourself (not with a big wad of ice cream)
14 Visulization Get a white poster board, write your goals, use pictures, drawings whatever helps us to visualize you new lifestyle, the new you, the way your life will be with a healthier lifestyle. Place your visualization board near other things that motivate and encourage you. Look at this board often to gain motivation and perspective.
15 Take Stock How close are you to making some real life changes, be gentle with yourself on things your still working on, celebrate coming this far, celebrate you and your willingness to make a life affirming change
16. Toxic Thoughts Take time asses what is in your life that doesn’t match your goals to get fit. Cookbooks, magazines ,television programs anything that doesn’t promote health –throw them out. Keep supportive friends with like minds around you.
17. The Future Start thinking about some of the things you would like to do now that you are getting fit, start the plan to do them, make the plan part of your reality
18. Try the Healthy Side By now you may have some recipes that are healthier than the ones you used to use – give them a try go for one new healthy recipe a week. Before you know it the healthy side of eating will take over what you used to eat
19. Herbs Spice Your Life There are so many herbs that can ad flavor to your new healthy dishes without using salt. Try garlic, curry cinnamon, rosemary, parsley, to name just a few. All have excellent medicinal qualities
20. Meditation Take time to meditate over moving towards a healthy change in your life. Incorporate all you have done this past week and carry it over to every week this month. Start Journaling your weekly progress. Celebrate your successes, reward yourself (not with a big wad of ice cream)
21 Law of Attraction The more zeal, zest and positiveness you bring to your new healthy lifestyle the positive outcomes you will experience. By now you are beginning to see some positive effects. Keep it up!
22 Time to PUSH You have been on you journey to wellness and healthier lifestyle for 21 days congratulations! Occasionally the road will get tough and you may feel like you are not making headway. That is just time when some milestone , some breakthrough is about to be achieved. Push you self that much more you are closer than you think. This of all the other accomplishments you made in your life time...in fact list them. You will be surprised how much you have accomplished and you will accomplish this too.
23 Accountability Plan It always helps to have someone on your “support team” a family member, bet friend, co-worker who can motivate you when the chips are down. Someone who can remind you of your goals, how well you have done up to this point and how you are so close to getting to the next step. Sometimes we just need to hear that positive talk from someone else and not just the “stuff” we keep in our head
24 Just Move Instead of heading for the fridge or fast-forwarding through the Geico gecko, squeeze in a mini-workout. In an hour-long show, you'll have 15 to 20 minutes of commercials to do 10 reps each of squats, lunges, and bicycle crunches to tone abs and legs.
25 Knock Those Cravings We all have craving some are better than others. By now you may have changed some of your unhealthy cravings to something more healither. But in case you back slide- try a nice glass of water with lemon, take a ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon to decrease sugar cravings, eat some almonds and raisins as a quick snack, and of course the complete food the banana is good for knocking out those unhealthy cravings.
26 Mix It Up Try alternating your exercise routine with strength and stretch as well as cardio vascular, check out different types of exercises when you get bored with one you will have an idea on what to do next
27. Meditation Take time to meditate over moving towards a healthy change in your life. Incorporate all you have done this past week and carry it over to every week this month. Start Journaling your weekly progress. Celebrate your successes, reward yourself (not with a big wad of ice cream)
28 Acting fit and healthy to being fit and healthy. We are now on the 28th day and you have come a long way. But now it is time to dig deep and press even further to really start making your changes in your lifestyle an actual part of your lifestyle. It is now your part of daily life – a daily life that is much healthier than the one you had before! Your new lifestyle has now become the core of who you are – you are no longer going through the motions.
29 Challenges We talked earlier about identifying some activities you would like to do in the future once you feel more fit and healthy. In addition to that start thinking about a challenge you would like to set for yourself – what about that 1k walk you wanted to always do, or the 5k run for breast cancer, or perhaps you really wanted master a ballroom dancing move, or perhaps start doing a new kind of exercise you never thought you would – kickboxing, rock climbing ??? The world is your oyster – go for it!
30 The words have it If you have been keeping your journal now is the time to go back over it and see how you have grown over the last thirty days. Hopefully you have learned that getting fit, losing weight, feeling better is more than going on a diet – so much more. It is the first step to a journey that will take you to a point of total wellness that will improve the overall quality of your life.
31 You are a winner...enter another race!
You are a winner- you have done something that many people don’t even attempt to do- you have made a change in your lifestyle for the better. But it is not over - you have just begun winning can be addictive start planning for your next 30days and how you are going to make even further changes on your journey to wellness.
If you like “Our Journey to Wellness Coaching” and would like to continue with our 60 day or 90 day plan please send us an email at email@example.com. We have a program designed to help you with your lifestyle change of moving you to total wellness for your mind, body and spirit.