Stressed? Anxiety Ridden? Try These Natural Remedies for You Health and Wellness
Starting Your Day With A Brisk Walk or Is Great Way To Relieve Stress
The news is full of stories about stress and how to get a break from the constant tension that you feel on a day to day basis. Studies show that Americans are at an all time high when it comes to stress and the symptoms that come along with stress, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, headaches, emotional eating, unusual aches and pains. The list goes on and on. So what can we do about it? What can we do to bring our bodies back into balance so that stress does not cause serious health issues.
Below are some natural remedies that I have tried and they have worked. I had an anxiety disorder for years and these techniques helped me to move forward and now I have very little anxiety and I handle stress in a way that doesn't wipe me out.
- Exercise - I can't say enough about how important it is to exercise. Movement is key in getting your blood flowing to all parts of your organs. Your body loves that - it is rejuvenating to all the cells of your body which does promote a sense of well being. Exercise also increases levels of norepinephrine, a chemical that helps the brain deal with stress more efficiently. According to Alice Domar, PhD and founder of Domar Center for Mind/Body we need to exercise at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. That may sound like quite a bit for some people but it is beneficial if you can do something involving movement everyday. It doesn't have to be as long as 30 minutes. even 10 minutes a day is better than not moving at all and it will go a long way in getting your stress level down.
- Acupressure - Wonderful way to quickly reduce stress. Acupressure is an holistic and noninvasive way to reduce pain, stress and anxiety. It is based on the meridian points in our hands and feet that represent our entire body. Try this:
- Place your thumbs 3 inches apart on your neck right at the base of your skull. Tilt your head back and take 3 to 5 deep cleansing breathes. Let you hands float gently back to your lap and let your chin drop to your chest. Take another deep cleansing breath. How do you feel? Can you feel the tension slowly easing from your body? Hopefully you should feel the tension leaving your body.
- Music - One of the best ways to reduce stress is listening to music. Studies show that music - especially classical or soft jazz- improves your mood and help you to unwind. There aer therapeutic CD's that can be very helpful. Any realization music that uses binaural beats ca be very calming to the body.
- Starting and Ending Your Day - How you start and end your day makes such a difference. Try starting your day peacefully. Whether its getting up early to drink a cup a tea, or perhaps reading scripture, prayer and meditation, listening to peaceful music or perhaps doing yoga, all of these are calming to the spirit. It is certainly better than checking your email when you get out of bed or listening to the news first thing in the am. The same thing is true for the last thing you do before you go to bed. Drinking a nice cup of tea, listening to calming music or perhaps meditation, reading poetry or a novel is a nice way to end your day. Minimize those things that would cause you stress. Start and your day in a calming a relaxing way.