10 Fitness Facts for Your Health and Wellness
Bonus Tip - obsessing over what you see on the scale is not effective
Lately I have been reading a lot of misinformation regarding health and wellness, especially when it comes to weight management. First of all everyone is different and much of the advice is general so use wisdom and do what works best for YOU. Second, there is always more than one way to skin a cat, many times people will give the same advice in a different way, again use wisdom and do what is best for YOU.
Here are some tips from CoachCalerie.com that I like and have worked for me. I hope they are helpful!
- Weight loss is not a physical challenge – it’s a mental one
- Eating at night does not make you fat – overeating does.
- Eating healthy is not more expensive than a junk food diet
- If bad food is in the house, you’ll be more likely to eat it.
- The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn at rest
- You can lose weight and still gain muscle; likewise, you can also gain weight while still losing fat
- Consistency and patience are key to long term successful weight loss
- Being vegetarian doesn’t just mean you don’t eat meat – it means you follow a plant-based diet.
- Thyroid hormone output and exercise intensity are positively correlated.
- The perimeter of the grocery store is where 90% of the healthy food is.