12 Reasons Why Organic is Wealth for Your Health
We are glad to have as a guest blogger Marla D Gates. Marla D. Gates believes passionately in living a green, organic, and health lifestyle. Please check out all her valuable information and products at www.organic4greenlivings.com
Eating and following a nutritious diet of organic foods, living a green lifestyle, surrounding yourself with non-toxic products, is some of the best ways to ensure a healthier, happier, and longer life. Thirty million households, comprising 75 million people, are now buying organic foods, clothing, body care, supplements and other products on a regular basis.
Why should your diet be organic?
1. Organic food are pure and safe for consumption and healthy for the planet.
2. Consuming organic food is one the safest ways to improve one's nutrient intake and help to have a healthier body! Studies show that Organic foods provide more beneficial nutrients such as antioxidants, than their conventionally grown counterparts. Higher trace minerals, vitamin C, and antioxidant phytonutrients. A recent review of this subject estimated that organic produce will tend to contain 10-50% higher photonutrients than conventional produce.
3. Organic foods have proven to help people with allergies to foods, chemicals or preservatives and often find after changing their diet to organic that many of their symptoms lessen or even go away completely.
4. Organic does not expose you body to persistent toxic chemicals inputs as pesticides, that are harmful to our health and environment. Research is consistently emerging confirming the potential for such synergistic increases in toxicity of up to 100-fold, resulting in reproductive, immune and nervous system effects from accumulation of pesticides and contaminants. Consumer Reports has found that 77% of non-organic produce items in the average supermarket contain pesticide residues.
5. Organic virtually eliminates the worry of rampant e-coli, salmonella, campylobacter, and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) since very few cases of food poisoning have been linked to organic farms or processors. The Centers for Disease Control have admitted that up to 76 million Americans suffer from food poisoning every year.
6. Reduces cancer rates--90% of all fungicides, and 30% of all insecticides that are known carcinogens.
7. Organic are free from Genetically Modified Organisms and animals feed with genetically modified diet. Genetically engineered ingredients are now found in 75% of all non-organic U.S. processed foods.
8. Organic ensures that no antibiotics are added to our bodies. Recent studies indicate that an alarming percentage of non-organic foods contains dangerous antibiotic-resistant bacteria that can have serious health consequences.
9. Organic contains no artificial coloring and synthetic dyes, or flavoring. These additives have been linked to many health issues such as allergies, cancer risks, child related condition's such as ADHD.
10. No synthetic fertilizers are spread on crops to contaminant the purity of the food.
11. No added hormones such as Bovine Growth Hormone which has been linked to increased risks of cancer in humans.
12. Organic is about connecting with nature and preserving our food, future, and our natural resources.
Life is a gift and we need to live life to the fullest and take care of our bodies by providing the best nutrition and healthiest foods we can. That is why you should live and eat "Organic!"Marla D. Gates believes passionately in living a green, organic, and health lifestyle. Please check out all her valuable information and products at www.organic4greenlivings.com