How to Increase Your Energy -Avoid the Mid-Day Energy Slump!
Do you ever have the mid-day energy slump? The time of day where your energy just begins to slowly leave your body and all you want to do is sleep? What is happening is your blood sugar is down and you need a quick up to replenish you energy in a healthy way -without drinking a cup of coffee or some other energy drink. The recipes below will do just that - replenish your blood sugar, reboot your system and give you an extra boost of brain power.
Energy Green Tea Mango Smoothie
- bag tea, green
- 1/2 cup(s) yogurt, fat free, Greek-style, vanilla
- 1 cup(s) mango (es), chunks (or frozen)
- handful of spinach
- 1T Flax seed
2. In a blender combine the brewed tea, yogurt, mango, and 3-to-5 ice cubes, and
Great for your heart health,, bone health, eye health, arthritis, Celiac Disease, memory, mood, hair, skin teeth, caner prevention
Energy Snack Mix
- 2 cup(s) popcorn, air-popped, or low-fat
- 2 tablespoon edamame, roasted
- 2 tablespoon nuts, dry-roasted peanuts
- oil spray, (optional)
- Cajun seasoning, or other spice blends (optional)
Great for your heart health, bone health, arthritis, Celiac Disease, PMS, memory, mood, hair, skin, teeth, cancer prevention
Energy Garbanzo Bean Snack
- 1 can(s) beans, garbanzo (chickpeas), low sodium, (15 ounces)
2. Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Pat the chickpeas dry between a folded kitchen towel (remove as much moisture as possible to achieve maximum crunch).
3. Transfer the chickpeas to a bowl and liberally coat the chickpeas with oil spray. Add desired seasonings and toss the chickpeas to coat evenly with the seasonings (see below for suggested blends). Spread the chickpeas in single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chickpeas are lightly browned and crunchy, shaking the pan every 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Great for your heart health, eye health, Celiac Disease, PMS, mood, hair, skin, cancer prevention
Energy Lentil Vegetable Soup
- 2 quart(s) broth, chicken, less sodium, or vegetable broth
- 2 package(s) mushrooms, fresh small button, (10-ounce), sliced (or any preferred mushrooms)
- 1 bag spinach, baby, (9 ounces)
- 2 pounds carrot(s), baby
- 2 medium squash, summer (yellow), sliced into wheels
- 3 medium zucchini, green, sliced into wheels
- 1 large potato(es), sweet, cut into thick slices or chunks
- 8 whole garlic, cloves
- 2 large onion(s), yellow, sliced
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) lentils
- salt, Kosher, to taste
- pepper, black, to taste
Add the lentils to the pot and stir. Simmer for an additional 30 minutes. For thinner soup, continue to cook the soup covered. For thicker soup, remove the cover after adding the lentils.
Great for heart health, eye health, arthritis, Celiac Disease, type 2 Diabetes, memory mood, skin, cancer prevention
Are you ready to get fit at home? Join our 30 day fitness challenge - 30 days of progressive exercise, 30 days of recipes, 30 days of affirmations