Chia Seeds- A Must Have for Your Health and Wellness
I love Chia Seeds! They take on the flavor of whatever you are cooking, have a wonderful shelf life, and are packed full of nutrients. They are versatile and very easy to add to almost any recipe. I love them with Oatmeal, in a salad and in muffins.
- have more Omega 3 fatty acids than flax seed (important for heart health)
- are the richest non-marine whole food source of Omega-3 (better than salmon)
- absorb 10 times their weight in water and transform into a gel-like substance--great for athletes for maintaining hydration and helps with weight loss by making you feel full longer.
- are as high in protein as quinoa
- are loaded with calcium, potassium, Vitamin B, and anti-oxidants
- help balance blood sugar via the gelling action of the seed and it’s unique combination of soluble and insoluble fiber that slow down your body’s conversion of starches into sugars
- have a neutral taste so they will take on the other flavors in a recipe
- can be eaten whole (unlike flax seed); they don't have to be ground before adding them to food in order to digest them and benefit from their nutrients
- have a two year shelf life, stored at room temperature (flax seeds quickly become rancid and loose their nutritional value)
Like My Fan Page
Follow Me on Twitter