|My Early Morning Yoga Workout Really Helps Me With Achieving Better Cortisol Levels|
- our hear beat increases and pumps more oxygen to the brain
- we get more energy for our fat and glucose storehouse
- we appear to feel a burst of well being
- I have sleepless nights. I am tired and ready to sleep but can't stay asleep
- Cravings!!!! For me it is salty snacks which normally I don't eat
- Wrinkling and dry skin. Yes too much cortisol can cause wrinkling and dry skin and for the first time I can see that on my forehead! My hands are very dry as well.
- Mood swings have become a way of life! Anxiety is heightened when my cortisol is too high
Based upon all this information I decided to set out on a mission to lower my cortisol levels. Here is what I am doing...and it is working.
- Anyone who know me knows I love to have that cup of coffee in the morning. But unfortunately...I am going have to give it up for awhile if not definitely. 12 oz of coffee can raise cortisol levels to as much as 30% for 18 hours.
- Increasing my sleep time and achieving a deeper sleep is a top goal to reduce my cortisol. I take a hot bath with lavender oil at night to help calm me, I listen to relaxing music during the day and at night, and I listen to the sounds of the ocean as I sip my lavender tea right before I go to bed. I also take Melatonin a natural sleep inducer.
- I have increased my exercise I walk thirty minutes everyday, I do Yoga every morning, and I make sure to do my strength training every day. This may sound like a lot but when I look at the alternative of ending up grouchy, tired and sick...I choose exercise.
- I watch my blood sugar levels. I have never been a big sugar person, but now I avoid sweets like the plague and I also watch my carbs...after all they break down to sugar!!
- I make sure I take my Vitamin B Stress Complex, increase my ginseng and other herbal teas that help to boost the immune system. Green Tea is great as well but I have to watch the caffeine intake when it comes to Green Tea.
- Meditation and prayer has become even more important to me now that I know how much it can influence my cortisol levels. I love listening to meditation and relaxation tapes they promote the production of alpha (focused alertness) and theta (relaxed) brain waves.
For more information on holistically reducing your stress and lowering your cortisol levels click here
FREE Subscription to "Wellness Woman 40 and Beyond" E-Magazine the Nations Premier Mind, Body, Spirit E-Magazine for Women over 40.
Visit my website at www.praiseworks.biz