|Pumped after my early morning walk!|
Well, today is my first day of my new wellness program for ME!! Yes, I am going to practice what I preach on the "for real" side and I will be blogging about my progress daily. Well...at least that is my goal!!
Why is it necessary for a Health and Wellness guru such as myself to start a wellness program? I mean after all I am supposed to be in shape, healthy and well. Right? NOT!! I have been so busy working and building my business that I have let myself slip and now it is time to get busy.
Here are my wellness goals:
- to drop ten pounds in three months
- spend more time in meditation and reflection
- get my 30 minutes of movement in EVERY day (walking, strength training, dancing, stretching, yoga and Pilates, whatever I feel like for the day)
- work/life balance...to many 12 to 16 hour days lately (even if my business is my passion to much work and no play is not healthy!!)
- start a 21 day detox (drinking my Asea every day, increasing water,no dairy, no sugar, decaf only!)
- work on my thyroid and adrenal health
It was just after sunrise when I began walking. I was beautiful! My mood instantly improved and I began to feel some ENERGY! Yes this walking thing in the morning isn't so bad.
|A brisk walk in the morning...a beautiful way to start your day.|
Then, I put on my favorite walking music. I started with this song, my favorite get happy and get movin' song. Now I am movin' and groovin' feeling great!! Suddenly my aches and pains are gone, my spirit is soaring, my mind is starting to think in a "can do" pattern. Baby...I have arrived. I am now on my way to implementing my Wellness Plan. By the way...while I was walking take a look at was going on with my body and burning calories!! I walked a total of three miles. YES!
Find out more about the benefits of walking on my show "The Wellness Journey-LIVE. I will be interviewing Ed Forteau about his experience of walking off 50lbs in four months! Find out how he did it and listen to this motivational interview. Click here.
Click here for great weight loss tips from 45 experts in the field of weight loss
Tune in to The Wellness Journey Podcast for more tips on how to achieve mind, body, spirit wellness
Check out The Wellness Journey - LIVE radio show for great interviews with experts on mind,body spirit wellness
Related articles I selected that might help you along your journey to wellness!