5 Steps To Have A Fun and Awesome Spa Day ...At HOME!!!
|Pamper yourself! Don't Forget to Subscribe to Wellness Woman 40 and Beyond On-Line Magazine|
We all deserve some pampering time! Going to a beautiful spa for the day or a weekend is always a wonderful experience. BUT...you don’t necessarily have to go outside your home for that special spa day treatment. You can have a spa day right in your home! Here is what I am planning to do on my next at home spa day.
First – Love Your Body
- Fill your bath with water (the temperature is up to you; I love my water to be a bit over warm)
- Light candles and diffuse an essential oil (try a mix of Lavender and Roman Chamomile or perhaps Balance)
- Put in your water Lavender Bath Salts, or perhaps moisturizing oils such as Jojoba Oil, Almond Oil, or Organic Coconut Oil.
- Exfoliate you skin using a gentle scrub. Get rid of all that dead skin and soon your skin will begin to glow
- Massage your body. Your arms, feet, legs and calves, waist and back
- When you get out of the bath AND wrap yourself up in a soft fluffy towel or bathroom
Second – Love Your Face
- Wash your skin with your natural cleanser
- Use a facial steam to prepare your skin for the next step. Add up to three drops of essential oils and apply to your skin.
- Apply a mask that will cleanse and tighten your pores
- Moisturize your face with your favorite moisturizer or perhaps try something natural such as jojoba oil, Almond Oil.
Click here for more information regarding natural skin care
Third –Love Your Hands and Feet
- Remove all polish from fingernails and hands
- Soak your fingers in warm water
- Apply vitamin E oil or your favorite cuticle cream oil
- Trim and shape your nails, push back the cuticles
Fourth – Love Your Peace
- Either in your bedroom or another quiet place in your house put on some relaxing music
- Light fragrant soy candles that have a lavender scent
- If in your bedroom spray your sheets with lavender essential oil spray
- Diffuse Ylang Ylang and Lavender essential oils
- Turn off all the lights
- Put on your favorite pajamas
- Lie down and relax