10 Tips To Holistically Reduce Stress Enhance Your Wellness, Focus and Productivity
These days stress is a part of our lives. It appears that stress is unavoidable and a part of everyday life. Statistics show that stress can come as a result of our jobs, money issues, relationships, poor nutrition, media overload, and sleep deprivation.
Studies have also shown 77% experience physical symptoms from stress; 73% experience psychological symptoms from stress and 48% feel stress has increased in their lives over the last five years. We have to start finding ways to minimize how stress impacts the body.
Here are some great holistic tips to reduce your stress and increase your joy, focus, and productivity!
- Determine what is actually causing you stress. Is it a particular person, a situation you are experiencing, a particular event, a relationship? Is your plate too full? Have you taken on too many obligations and now you are feeling anxious, nervous or fearful?
- Make it a priority to set your personal boundaries and then live by them.
- Get rid of any activity, person, life situation that no longer serves you.
- It is okay to say "no". If you are asked to do something you don't want to do say,"no". It is also ok to reset expectations. Stop biting off more than you can chew.
- Take a look at your lifestyle. What can you improve or change? Do you need more sleep, are you eating healthy foods, are you getting enough exercise? What is it that you are doing that might eventually lead to health problems?
- Eliminate sugar, caffeine, alcohol and any other stimulate that may put unnecessary stress on your liver.
- Focus on the good in your life and keep a gratitude journal. What we focus on influences how we feel throughout the day. Concentrating on the good in your life increases your overall feeling of well being and decreases that overwhelmed, stressed out feeling.
- Increase intake of foods that are high in Vitamin B, Omega 3, and Iron (click here for more information)
- Take five minutes and just be still. Visualize a a place that brings you a sense of peace and calm. Many like to visualize a beach,or the ocean, perhaps the forest. Click here for a video that will help with your visualization