How To Overcome Those Top 5 Excuses Not To Get Fit -They Work for Me Every Time!

Getting Fit and Havin' Fun 
On The Way To 59!!


It's the time of year when we all start thinking about getting fit for the summer. It is also the time of year where we can be real creative about finding excuses to say "I don't have the time!"  I know that is true for me, but I also have to remind myself what might happen if I don't take the time.  Let's get real...you know what happens if you don't get fit and stay fit.  It's not just about getting fit to look better, rather it is really about getting fit so you will FEEL better.

Here are some ways I overcome my top 5 reasons to put off getting fit and how I overcome those reasons!

NUMBER ONE
"I don't have enough time"
True. Time is a factor. So rather than working out a full thirty minutes at a time. What if I break my workout up in 10 minute increments? According the American Fitness Council it is perfectly acceptable to break up your workout.  Your body will get the same benefits and it is definitely better than not working out at all.

NUMBER TWO
" I'm too sore"
True. Soreness can be a real pain in the butt. But did you know if you stop working out because you are sore you will just get even more sore? Workout anyway and push through your soreness. Before you go to bed each night soak in dead sea salts or Epsom salts, this will do wonders for soreness. Use essential oils that help relieve soreness. I use Fiscal Therapy Essential Oil it truly works! Increase your water (12 to 24 ounces for each hour of workout), eat protein within two hours of workout to help muscles repair themselves (Quinoa is a great source of protein and low on calories)

NUMBER THREE
"I am bored with my workout"
True. Doing the same workout everyday is very boring after awhile. So ...switch it up! Try doing your workout three times a week, then add a walking or running day and perhaps some other movement like dancing, Zumba, working with weights, swimming, riding a bicycle,etc...

NUMBER FOUR
"I am too tired and I have no energy!"
True. There are days when we are just to tired to move. Believe me I have been there. But when I look at the alternative of missing a day and therefore making it a bit harder to reach my goal I make another choice. I drink cup of ice coffee, or drink 8 ounces of water, or perhaps splash cold water on my face and go for doing at least five minutes of my workout. Next thing I know I have a bit more energy and I am ready to finish the next few minutes of my routine!

NUMBER FIVE
"I am not getting any results"
True. Sometimes we don't get the results we want...right away.  Look at it this way, it took some time to get out of shape and it is going to take some time get back in shape. Be kind to yourself. Remember that it is important to get fit and loose weight gradually.  Set realistic goals for yourself and be prepared to have some periods during your journey when you might hit a plateau.  That is okay, it is part of the process. Your body is making adjustments and after awhile you will start to see the results of your hard work.  Vary your workout routine, keep to your schedule, make sure your diet is healthy - low in fat, high in protein, and drink plenty of water.



Many times our bodies and our minds tell us when it's time to start paying attention to our health and other areas of our lives.   When was the last time you heard that voice about something important going on in your life and you didn't listen?  Or what about those times when you had a decision to make and you were confused as to what to do?  I have been there and I can tell you it is frustrating! But there is an answer. There is a way to improve the strength of that inner voice. There is a way to enhance your intuition and ultimately enhance your life!  28 Experts have come together to share with you their tips, tools and techniques on how to improve your intuition and your life.  Click here for the details...www.intuitionmasterysummit.com


Listen to The Wellness Journey - great interviews about holistic living and wellness for women over 40 AND all the people who love them!



Comments

Popular Posts